What is PTSA? Why join PTSA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
• Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
• Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
• Tap into a Network. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
• Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
• Speak Up. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
• Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
• Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
• Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTSA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
For about 4 cents a day, you can become a Granite Hills PTSA member, joining more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
Make a difference, please join us!